Get A Free Insurance Quote Today 

Getting a FREE, no-obligation quote with Skyline Insurance has never been easier! Just click the button below to get started!

Click here to Get Quote Now

PA Tags and Titles 

FYI In 2014, Title FEE was increased to $50, Lien FEE to $23, Tag/Plate FEE to $28. In 2015 Truck Registartion FEES increased. Link is on a question below.

Is there a maximum or minimum age requirement for registering a motor vehicle?

Pennsylvania law does not dictate a minimum or maximum age as for owning/registering a vehicle, but as of 2006, you must present a PA State issued photo ID. This is most common a driver's license. You should check with your insurance company to see if they have any restrictions regarding having a minor or unlicensed registrant's age.

How long will it take to receive my registration card?

If you use our on-line service, you will receive your registration immediately. If it has to be completed manually, you will receive a temporary registration good for 90 days.

What if I don't receive my Vehicle Registration card in ten (10) days?

You will need to complete form, MV-44, 'Application for Duplicate Registration Card, Replacement of Registration Plate, Renewal Sticker or Weight Class Sticker of Transfer of Registration'.

Can I renew my vehicle registration if I do not currently have insurance on my vehicle?

NO. Only trailers are exempt from maintaining insurance.

How do I renew my Vehicle Registration?

You can renew your vehicle registration at our office

Where do I get my motor vehicle forms?

Motor vehicle form are available at our Skyline Services office or on-line

What if I did not receive my application to renew my vehicle registration?

If you never received an application to renew your registration in the mail or you lost your renewal application, you may use the MV-140, 'Request for Registration / Renewal' form. Applications are available at Skyline Services office or on-line at PA BMV .

How do I get a duplicate Vehicle Registration?

To obtain a duplicate registration card and/or renewal sticker, you will want to complete an 'Application for Duplicate Registration, Replacement of Registration Plate, Renewal Sticker or Weight Class Sticker or Transfer of Registration' (form number MV-44).

How do I change my address on my Pennsylvania Vehicle Registration?

Pennsylvania requires that you report any new address to PENNDOT within 15 days of moving. You can go on-line to PA BMV or for vehicle registrations, fill out form MV-63, 'Change of Address for Driver's License, Photo ID and Vehicle Registration' and drop it in the mail. PENNDOT will send a new registration card for your vehicl

How much does it cost to renew my registration?

Please visit PENNDOT's Fees page for additional information. Truck registration fees increased January 2015

I sold my vehicle after receiving the annual invitation to renew my registration. What should I do?

If the plate that was on the vehicle, which was sold, is not being transferred to another vehicle, you may destroy the renewal application. Be sure to fill out a 'Request for Registration / Renewals' (form MV-140) to complete your application.

I have just moved to Pennsylvania. How do I transfer/apply for Vehicle Registration? How soon must I apply?

Please visit PENNDOT's New Residents page where you can learn more about transferring/applying for a Pennsylvania vehicle registration. Or Skyline Services office.

What documents do I need to transfer ownership to a Pennsylvania vehicle?

You You will need the notarized Pennsylvania title and notarized Form MV-3, a PA photo ID. This can be done at our office on-line.

How do I get a duplicate title?

You must complete an 'Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title by Owner', (Form MV-38O). If you are the lien holder of the vehicle, you will need an 'Application for Certificate of Title by lien holder' (Form MV-38L).

What is an apportioned registration?

Apportioned Registration is needed when a vehicle(s) travels or is intended for travel in two or more of the member jurisdictions and is used for the transportation of persons for hire or is designed, used, or maintained primarily for the transportation of property, and (1) is a power unit having a gross or registered weight in excess of 26,000 pounds, or (2) is a power unit having three or more axles regardless of weight, or (3) is used in combination when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.